Saturday, August 18, 2007

Movie reviews on the brain


I like movies. In fact, you too may have at least a slight interest in what we call the motion picture. Well, I’m thinkng about putting a few movie reviews on our family blog. We don’t see too many new movies in the theater, but do see some a bit later on DVD. So, not all of the reviews will be of current movies.

Now you may ask out loud, “Why should I listen to another person on the Internet reviewing movies?” That’s a great question and one I don’t really have an answer for. Here's how I see it--I like to see movies and thought that I might share with others my thoughts and ideas about the ones I see. Hey, for all we know this may be a one-and-done adventure!

My goal is to provide simple, clear reviews that don’t go over the head of the average movie viewer (that’s me). There are plenty of professional (and amateur) reviewers who will take an artistic look at all of the cinematic features and blow you away with their technical knowledge of the movie making process. There are also plenty of people who log on and give their quick opinion after seeing the latest movies. For example, you can check out simple MSN.com user reviews of Evan Almighty or potentially more comprehensive Yahoo! user reviews of the same movie. I hope for my reviews to fall somewhere in between. Not too technical and not too sparse.

I don’t have much on tap of what to include in the reviews. I bet I will mention the soundtrack and music in most reviews, because those things matter a lot to me. I probably won’t be critical of colors and wardrobes, because those things don’t matter a lot to me. I don’t know if I’ll have a star or thumb rating system…maybe I’ll try out a few different things and see what works best. Please leave a comment or contact me through the normal channels if you have any suggestions of things you’d like to see in my reviews. You can also let me know of things you don’t want to see in the reviews, but I’ll probably ignore your requests (just trying to be honest here).

If you would rather skip my reviews and read movie reviews elsewhere, or just learn more than you ever needed to know about a particular movie, then check out a few of the sites below.

1 comment:

Auntie K said...

I myself watched 2 movies last week. That's about 900% more than my average viewing. One was a repeat-Sum of All Fears, and the other was the 1$ DVD from McDonald's, Rocky Balboa. Thumbs up on both.