Sunday, July 15, 2007

We have finally entered the "blogosphere"

I am so excited that we finally have a family blog and that Adam set it up because I have been wanting to, but never would have. I have always thought that Tammy and Andrew’s family letter was a great way to journal what was going on in their family. A family letter is too much of a commitment for me, but I think that this blog will be perfect for us. Even if everybody else gets bored reading it, I figure we can still use it as our family journal/scrapbook. Well, here goes….


Saturday morning I hit a few garage sales at 8am. Before Jack was born I was never up early enough to get out the door before 8, but now we are up by 6:30 or 7:00am. I had never really gone to a garage sale until my mom came to stay with us when Jack was born. She found one in our neighborhood and bought a bunch of great toys for Allie that we never would have paid full price for at the toy store. When I saw what good deals she got, I figured I should try going. The only problem is that you have to go to a lot of different garage sales before you find anything you want. That's ok because it gives me some much needed alone time early on Saturday morning.


I found this scooter at a garage sale on Saturday. I only paid $2 for it, but the time that Allie has been spending on it all weekend was worth a fortune.



I also found a great chore chart at another garage sale and it had a spot on it for setting the table. So, I figured this might be a good time to have Allie start helping me set the table. She had a great time helping Mommy. She did a really good job and much to my surprise it really was a big help. She is also starting to clear her place at the table when dinner is over.

2 comments:

Auntie K said...

Tell Allie to keep up the good work! Does she sit at the table or still in her high chair?

Adam said...

We tried having her sit at the table in a regluar adult chair, but she wanted to "explore" too much and not sit at the table. So, she is back in her booster chair and Jack is in the high chair.