Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Lincoln's new room

The only problem with Lincoln's new and amazing sleep schedule is that he was sharing a room with Adam and I along with Adam's office/music room. I think I'll just start calling our bedroom "the multipurpose room". This meant that Adam wasn't able to be in there to get his work done at night which he really needs to do if he's ever going to graduate. The obvious thing to do would be to put Allie and Jack in a room together and Lincoln would have his own room. The problem with that is when we have tried that (and we have tried it several times now) the kids don't go to bed until midnight because they are to busy being crazy in there together and then they wake each other up at 6am. Let's be honest, I need sleep and that is about the only need that I have in my life, so Allie and Jack sharing a room doesn't work at this point in the game. Adam and I decided last night that since we don't have a walk in closet and our master bathroom is too small for Lincoln's bed, his new room will have to be the pantry. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I guess at least he'll never go hungry. Luckily his bed (it's not a crib or pack-n-play, it's an Amby Bed) fits perfectly in there. That bed has really come in handy. We got it at a consignment shop for Jack, to help with his horrible reflux and now Lincoln is making great use of it. It's a good thing that even though I didn't get as much cleaned/organized during Spring Break as I wanted to, I did get the pantry cleaned out.



3 comments:

Auntie K said...

Oh, I miss him already. Don't get me wrong, I miss A and J too, but there's something completely irresistible about a baby, especially one you can hand back to his mother when necessary.

Auntie K said...

A1 and A2 were a little older than A and J are now, but there was a time when they shared a room and one had to go to bed first to cut down on all the trouble. I think you deserve to be able to put them both down at the same time and have some peace!

Crystal said...

That book was a life saver for us this time too. I read it with our 1st child and it helped me with the earlier bedtime and I forgot about the book for the 2nd and didn't need it for the 3rd. Now for the fourth it really helped me realize he needed to go down sooner for naps and he would fall asleep on his own without crying or a little whining. It seems that I too was making it worse by holding him, etc. So, I am so glad things are going better for you. We still keep waiting for sleeping through the night too :)