Sunday, July 13, 2008

Family News!!!

So, most anybody (all three of you) who reads our blog probably knows by now that we are expecting a new Baby West in January. Allie has been asking for a baby sister for her birthday for quite a while now and my due date is actually Allies birthday, January 28th. We did what we could for the birthday present part, but as for it being a sister, I'm not sure if I can help you out on that one Allie.

We have had a couple of scares so far with the baby's heartbeat. At our first ultrasound (at 7 weeks) the baby measured right on for its age, but the heart beat was pretty slow. The doctor said that could mean nothing at all or it could end up in a miscarriage, only time would tell. That was on Friday and she scheduled us to come back in on Monday to do another ultrasound. The baby had grown over the weekend (amazing that they can tell that) and the heartbeat was normal. In fact the doctor said that the baby showed much more movement than normal at that age. I was just happy that the baby was moving, but when I told Adam that he said something like "uh oh, another wild child for us."

This past week I went in for another appointment at 11 weeks. Normally I wouldn't have come back until 12 weeks, but my doctor was getting ready to have her third baby and wanted me to come in before her induction to have another ultrasound to check the heart again. I had to see a different doctor (She broke my water when I was in the hospital delivering Jack) and she wasn't going to do another ultrasound until she tried to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler and couldn't. She looked for a heartbeat for what seemed like forever before she finally said "looks like we need to do an ultrasound." Of course I was thinking no wonder I've been feeling so much better than the last two pregnancies. It's because something happened to the baby. Then I had to wait a very long 15 minutes in the ultrasound room until she came back in. When she finally did the ultrasound everything was fine and once again the baby was very active. So, for now we are just keeping our fingers crossed and saying lots of prayers that everything will turn out OK. We'll keep you posted.


3 comments:

Auntie K said...

Well, you really do deserve a mellow child this time around, but I'm sure you'll be happy to take one whatever his temperment. Keep us posted!

Erin said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I knew you had been trying for awhile so I am so excited that you are pregnant. Keep us updated on the baby, I imagine you are a little stressed out with this one, so I will be thinking of you. Maybe you have not been paying as much to this pregnancy because you have two other kids to keep you busy!

Erin said...

Anymore baby news? Jen, now that you are expecting again, you are going to have to update the blog more often. How else am I supposed to know what is happening, neither one of us seems to know how to pick up the phone these days!! let's get together when I get back!