Sunday, December 16, 2007

A new church calling for Jen!

I finally have a new calling. As most everybody I have ever talked to knows, I have been teaching primary for almost 5 years now and I am completely burnt out. About two weeks ago I was called to be the new Activity Day Leader. I love it. We had our first activity this past week and it was so much fun. All of the girls are really great. There were about 11 of them (I think it is usually about 12-15 that come). It was a 2 hour activity rather than the usual 1 hour, since the next scheduled activity falls on Christmas. We obviously won’t be having that one so we had an extra long Christmas Extravaganza. I was a little nervous because I had less than a week to plan it after I was called. We made Christmas cookies, Christmas tree ornaments, an advent chain, wrote thank you notes to the old Activity day leader, had popcorn and eggnog, and read Christmas stories. Wow! We got a lot done in 2 hours. Anyway, I’m just really excited to have such a fantastic new calling. Oh, and added bonus, after January (I’m still filling in as a Primary teacher) I’ll be able to go to Sunday School and Relief Society or just help Adam wander the halls with Jack.

3 comments:

Auntie K said...

I'm not sure I approve of all the nakedness ;-) but I love having new pictures! And congrats on the new calling. I know change can (usually) be nice, and I hope you continue to enjoy it.

Adam said...

It'll be good to have Jen in my "walking the halls" Sunday School class.

Auntie K said...

Yeah, while wander while you can. You won't have that excuse for much longer!